This Saturday, Fulham will be at home at Craven Cottage to play Tottenham Hotspur. The game takes place at 3PM UK Time and 10 AM EST. The game will be shown on Fox Soccer Plus live in the United States. However, there also is another option online. You can watch the game on Foxsoccer.tv live.This is a subscription based service that I would recommend.
This will be a very difficult home game for Fulham. Tottenham Hotspur are an even better than they were last season. They definitely have upgraded their team with the addition of Rafael van der Vaart. I have a feeling that Harry Redknapp will put out his best side against Fulham, even though they have an upcoming Champions League match next Wednesday against Inter Milan.
For Fulham, I think the team has played well this season, even though they have only been able to secure one win. I really feel they are close to putting it all together. Right now the one thing they lack is production in scoring goals. The big question for Fulham is when will a few of their strikers be returning to game action? It has been reported that Moussa Dembele has been training this week with the club. Also, Andy Johnson might be close to a return to the pitch. Right now it is unclear if either player will be available for the Tottenham match.
Tottenham have started off well this season .They currently sit 5th in the table. Fulham are currently 10th in the table.
Last season in the league, Fulham and Tottenham played a 0-0 draw at Craven Cottage. Tottenham Hotspur beat Fulham 3-1 at White Hart Lane.
Harry Redknapp is the manager of Tottenham Hotspur. This club has very good players all over the pitch. Gareth Bale can be used in defense or in the midfield. He is a very dangerous player. Rafael van der Vaart is a very accomplished player, and has already scored 3 times for Spurs. Up front Spurs have goal scoring threats in Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko.
Fulham recently have played well against Tottenham Hotspur at Craven Cottage. This game should really be a challenge. Mark Hughes is going to need a high quality effort from his team on Saturday to come away with three points.
As I do before every match I do my 5 "keys" that I hope will lead to 3 points for Fulham. Below are " My 5 Keys To Victory For Fulham Against Tottenham Hotspur."
1. Fulham need to be exceptional in defending set pieces. This key will continue to show up each week until Fulham do a great job on defending these plays. They were better on set pieces against West Ham. To win on Saturday I don't think Fulham can afford to give up a goal in these situations.
2. Carlos Salcido needs to be involved in scoring opportunities. Salcido continues to show that he is an upgrade at the left back position. He was very impressive in the last game against West Ham. His crosses into the box I think are exceptional. He gives Fulham an added weapon in creating scoring opportunities. To beat Tottenham they will need him to active.
3. Fulham need to keep Tom Huddlestone under control. Honestly, I think this could be the most important key to the match. Danny Murphy needs to be at his best against Huddlestone. He cannot let Huddlestone dictate and control the match for Spurs. Fulham need to be on attack in this game. Murphy will be important in trying to take control away from Huddlestone.
4. Dickson Etuhu has to continue to create scoring opportunities. One of the bright spots this season has been the play of Dickson Etuhu. Under Mark Hughes he is constantly pushing forward from his central midfield position. Under Roy Hodgson he was strictly a defensive midfielder. He has been much more active in scoring opportunities. With the uncertainty at striker right now for Fulham his strong play could be a huge benefit on Saturday.
5. Fulham need to contain Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko. If Fulham are going to win this match, Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes are going to need to do an exceptional job on the Spurs strikers. Both of these players are proven goal scorers.
I think I made it clear that Tottenham Hotspur are a tough opponent. However, Fulham are great at home and I can see them pulling this game out. I am predicting a 1-0 victory for Fulham.