Fulham will play tomorrow against Juventus in the second leg of the Europa League. The game takes place at Craven Cottage at 6PM UK Time and 2PM EST. The game will also be shown on GOL TV in the U.S. Fulham are down 3 - 1 in aggregate to Juventus. To move forward in the Europa League they are probably going to have to hold Juventus scoreless. The best score scenario for Fulham would probably be 2 - 0. They would move ahead based on away goals. This task is tough but can be done. Below are " My 5 Keys to Victory in the Europa League for Fulham against Juventus".
1. If Fulham can score a goal early they can really put the pressure on Juventus. The confidence level of Fulham could go way up, and then they could really push forward. The momentum would be with the Cottagers. They would then have plenty of time to find that second goal. If Roy Hogdson's team gets an early goal the game is definitely on.
2. If Brede Hangeland cannot play who will take his place?There have been several reports online that Hagneland's fitness for this match is in question. Hangeland came out of the game against Manchester United with an injury. If he cannot play who does Roy put in to replace him? Chris Smalling could be an option if Hangeland can't play. There is no question that without Hangeland in the middle of the defense Fulham are more vulnerable. This is definitely a key to watch.
3. Who will be in the central midfield for Fulham? With Danny Murphy and Jonathan Greening suspended for this match who are the replacements going to be? Chris Baird could be a fit in one of those positions. Dickson Etuhu would probably be another option in the midfield as well. This is a major key for this match. Roy moved his lineup around in the last match against Manchester United. I will be curious to see who are going to be the replacements for Murphy and Greening. Whoever is in there is going to have to play at a "high level" . Fulham need to control the midfield. The team needs to be able to push the ball forward.
4. Fulham need to do an excellent job defending on set pieces. In the first leg, 2 of the 3 Juventus goals were created by play offf of corner kicks. I will probably be mentioning defending on set pieces until Fulham do a much better job against them. Hogdson I hope is drilling the club like crazy against set pieces this week.
5. Fulham's defense needs to contain Diego and Trezequet. These 2 players really scared me in the first leg. Diego specifically is a fantastic player. There is no question that the Juventus players up front put a tremendous amount of pressure on a defense. If these players can be contained Fulham will have a chance.
I am looking forward to this match. If Fulham do not move forward in the Europa League in my opinion the campaign would still be a success. I can't wait for the game.