Every week I like to write about subjects that are on my mind regarding Fulham Football Club. This was a disappointing week for the team as they lost to Manchester City and Tottenham. However, the Juventus win was a little over a week old, but I will include my thoughts on that match in this entry. Below are my "10 Things I Think About Fulham Football Club This Week March 26th."
6. I think Stefano Okaka needs to play more. He has been a substitute in the last 2 matches. In the Manchester City match he really should have scored a goal. In the last match he showed promise late in the match. I know Zoltan Gera has been playing well right behind Bobby Zamora, but maybe it is time to give Okaka more of a chance. He looks like he has some skill. I would like to see him paired with Bobby Zamora on Saturday.
7. I think the Manchester City loss was predictable. Fulham were coming off a great victory against Juventus. It is understandable they might have come out flat against Manchester City. By the time they got it together in the second half it was too late.
8. I think Tottenham's lineup changes in the second half made a huge difference in the match. Harry Redknapp made 3 substitutions in the second half that in my opinion changed the match. David Bentley scored on a free kick. Pavlyuchenko also scored a goal in the second half. By the time Hogdson made adjustments it was too late. The damage had already been done.
9. I think Fulham's collapses in the second half on the road against quality opponents should be a concern. The first time they collapsed in the second half was against Chelsea. Next, they collapsed in the second half against Manchester United. This week they collapsed for a third time against Tottenham. I honestly do not know why this keeps happening. Is it just about the talent difference? Is it about Fulham being a tired team? Is it about not making adjustments to what your opponent is doing? Is it a combination of all these questions? Whatever it is, Fulham needs to correct this issue if they want to be a top half of the table team every year.
10. I think Fulham really need a road win against Hull City tomorrow. Fulham have been in this position several times this year. They go into a visitor's stadium to an opponent they should beat. I watched Fulham destroy Hull at Craven Cottage. You would think they should be able to do the same on the road. I think a victory tomorrow is very important. It is there for the taking. To be the team they want to be, they need to win on the road. I am hoping they can get this second road win tomorrow at Hull City.
Again, these are just 10 things I think about Fulham Football Club as of this week March 26th. It should be another fun week for the team.