Fulham play tomorrow against Liverpool at Anfield. The game takes place at 3PM UK Time and 10AM EST. The game will be shown on ESPN 2 in the U.S. live. In October, Fulham beat Liverpool 3 - 1 at Craven Cottage. I am sure Liverpool will be looking for payback from the result. Also, Liverpool are still in the hunt for a Champions League spot so every game for them will be crucial to win. After the emotional victory for Fulham on Thursday this matchup will be extremely tough on the road. I am going into this match hoping for a point. Instead of victory I am looking for survival and being able to get any point from the match. Below are"my 5 keys to survival for Fulham against Liverpool."
1. Will Hogdson rest many players for this match? There is a decent possibility that Roy Hogdson could rest several key players. Bobby Zamora is still recovering from an Achilles injury. Simon Davies got a rib injury in the Wollfsburg match. If these 2 players do not play , there replacements need to get the job done at Anfield. Will Hogdson rest other players like Brede Hangeland, Damien Duff and Aaron Hughes? I think if there are only a few lineup changes Fulham should be fine. If Roy decides several players need to be rested we might see a result similar to the match at Hull.
2. I am hoping that Stefano Okaka plays the entire match for Fulham. Okaka keeps showing up in my keys because I would like to see if he can be a regular contributor to the club. The best way in my opinion to see if he can be a first team player is to have significant playing time. Okaka played well against Wigan, and being on the road at Liverpool is a perfect place to see how he reacts. I think he could have a positive impact on the match if he plays.
3. Danny Murphy needs to control the midfield. You know Murphy going back to play at Liverpool has to be special for him. If Murphy plays well he can really help keep Fulham in the match with his passing and setting up the strikers.
4. Fulham need to contain Fernando Torres. I really like watching Torres play. I think he will be even more dangerous and difficult to handle at home. With a player of his ability he only needs a small opening to change a game. If Fulham can contain him they probably can stay in the match.
5. Mark Schwarzer needs to be exceptional again. Schwarzer I thought was exceptional at Wolfsburg. To stay with Liverpool he is going to need to play at an extraordinary level. I think he will be under constant pressure. If he can have one of his great games Fulham can hang with Liverpool
As I started the preview I am hoping Fulham can figure out a way to get a point in this match. I think partially because of several factors it could be very difficult. First, Liverpool are fantastic at home. Second, Fulham could be resting several players. Third, Fulham beat Liverpool at Craven Cottage so there could be extra motivation for Liverpool. Lastly, Liverpool are still fighting to get in the Champions League. With all of these factors the trip to Anfield will be a challenge. I am hoping Fulham can hang in there and get a point.