You can listen to the audio of the press conference here. For me the highlights include:
- Everyone wants stability and he aims to be the one to give stability.
- He would like to be a manager full time and feels he's ready. This answers a huge question for me. I was never sure if he his ambition was to be a first team manager or if he was more interested in working with youth. He's 100% committed to trying to get the job full time.
- His training strategy sounds sane (which is a big change from Magath). He has an attacking day, a defending day, and days to work on set pieces. Hopefully no more running up mountains.
- He is reaching out to fans and understand the family atmosphere that Fulham has.
- He refused to throw anyone under the bus for the problems at the club. You just know Magath wouldn't have been so kind.
- He doesn't seem opposed to the idea of bringing in Danny Murphy as an assistant if he were to be given the job full time.
- He's talked to Bryan Ruiz and seems willing to bring him back into the squad.
Here is some of the reaction from around the interwebs. Almost everything I saw was abolutely glowing.
Finally heard Kit's Press conference... Welling up with pride and can't wait for tomorrow. First time in ages Craven Cottage is United #FFC— Chris (@simpsonstimpy) September 19, 2014
It feels so much better to be a Fulham fan today than yesterday. Fully behind Kit and hope he does well enough to be considered for the job.— Fulham In Florida (@FulhamFlorida) September 19, 2014
Very impressed with the confidence shown by Kit. Glad he has faith in the players and his own abilities. It's definitely something we needed— Ben Jarman (@sonikkicks) September 19, 2014