clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Match Report: Blackburn 2 - Fulham 1

First and second half goals from Blackburn meant that Fulham were unable to engineer a comeback at Ewood Park earlier today.

Mark Runnacles/Getty Images

(Author Note: This is really late as I was busy today. I do apologise.)

Fulham were unfortunately beaten 2-1 today by Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park, with Ross McCormack's second half goal not proving good enough for a comeback by the Whites.

The game got off to a difficult start, with Blackburn launching ahead in the 12th minute from Ben Marshall's opening goal, the winger tapping in a shot after catching posession of a clearance from Nikolay Bodurov.

Jazz Richards also made his debut as right back after signing a one-month loan deal with the Whites on the 24th of January. He almost opened the scoring for the visitors in the ninth minute, when he was picked out by Ross McCormack, but unfortunately Rovers goalie Jason Steele managed to stop the shot.

Fulham had a couple of chances to equalise which were blown, the first coming from Scott Parker, who set up a clear pass for Cauley Woodrow to launch, but unfortunately the shot was too hard and flew just wide of the goal. The second attempt came from Ross McCormack, recieving Hugo Rodallega's pass, but unfortunately the Scottish striker was covered by defenders, causing his rushed shot to sail just over the left side of the crossbar.

The second half started off just like with the first, with Blackburn doubling their lead in the 61st minute, this time with Markus Olsson crossing from the left wing to Jordan Rhodes, the striker slotting the ball in close to the near post.

Ross McCormack managed to chop Blackburn's lead by one goal five minutes later, when Lasse Vigen Christensen's low cross found the striker waiting at the far post, who tapped the ball into the net with an easy finish. He also equalised in the 74th minute too, but unfortunately the goal was found to be offside.

A few substitutions were made in this half, with Woodrow coming off for Dembele in the 75th minute, and Seko Fofana for Scott Parker in the 83rd for the Whites, while the Rovers replaced Jay Marshall and Jay Spearing with Tom Cairney and Chris Taylor in this time.

During this same minute, Craig Conway managed to get past Richards and tried to increase the lead with a far shot from range that Bettinelli had to punch away. The ball came to Jordan Rhodes, his header launching just over the bar.

An unfortunate game for the Whites as they couldn't get the momentum going for a comeback today. Fulham will face Sunderland on Tuesday (3rd of February) as part of an FA Cup 4th Round Replay. Come on Fulham!