clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Match Report: Millwall 0 - Fulham 0


Harry Engels/Getty Images

DISALLOWED GOAL!!!!!! DISALLOWED GOAL!!!!! DISALLOW- sorry, I was attempting to summarise the game in a brief paragraph. Fulham and Millwall managed to play out a 0-0 draw earlier today. Hugo Rodallega seemed to have scored the game winning goal but it was disallowed (really? REALLY?).

The game, played at Millwall's The Den, started off with the home side on the attack, playing some deep crosses that forced goalie Marcus Bettinelli into action, before Lions' striker Lee Gregory missed the first proper chance of the game in the 12th minute, his volley sailing over the bar. This was met with a joint attack from LVC and Ross McCormack, the former recieving the ball and playing it to Alexander Kacaniklic, whose right footed shot was saved (with one hand!) by Millwall keeper David Forde.

Attacks came back from the home side, with Martin Woolford's attempt on goal blocked by Scott Parker, while Diego Fabbrini's cross sailed across the face of the goal before Bettinelli got his hands on it. Kacaniklic came back with another effort in the 38th minute, which had fans thinking it went in - but unfortunately the shot hit the side netting. The same thing happened to Hugo Rodallega in the 42nd minute, as the Colombian's shot, assisted by Parker, managed to beat Forde but hit the outside of the post. The possession came back to Millwall. Gregory was being hunted down by Nikolay Bodurov, passing to Nadjim Abdou, whose flopped his attempt on goal, and the ball was cleared. McCormack went for goal instead of passing to LVC, his shot from distance easily saved by Forde.

Millwall started the second half well, but good defence managed to keep the Lions from scoring. A quick Fulham counter attack from a home side corner in the 58th minute opened up the Millwall defence, but they eventually sent Ryan Tunnicliffe's cross out of bounds. Bryan Ruiz came on to replace Kacaniklic before the corner was taken. Fulham enjoyed a large spell of possession for a while, with Ruiz leading the attacks. Abdou was booked in the 72nd minute for a foul on Tunnicliffe.

With nine minutes to go, a smooth pass from Ruiz to McCormack sent the Scot flying down the left wing. He played the ball through to LVC, whose shot whistled high over the net, into the stands. The Cottagers' made their second change, with Seko Fofana coming on for Tunnicliffe. Despite pressure from the visitors, Millwall almost went in front in the 83rd minute, when Michael Tonge volleyed through, but the shot flew inches wide. At the other end of the pitch, Kostas Stafylidis' cross met Rodallega, who shot the ball into the net, but IT WAS DISALLOWED. DISALLOWED DISALLOWED ARGHHHHHHHHH

Lee Gregory flopped a header in stoppage time as the final whistle sounded, the final score being 0-0. Fulham face Wolverhampton on Tuesday. COYW!