clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Match Report: Fulham 1 - Rotherham United 1

Yay. I think.

Justin Setterfield/Getty Images

It took 63 minutes for us to get an equalizer. Anyway, we managed to draw Rotherham United 1-1 at home last night.

The game pretty much started off in Rotherham's favor, with the Millers almost taking the leads 30 seconds in when Ben Pringle's cross was met with an effort shot just wide by Matt Derbyshire. They had another chance, albeit a miss just two minutes later when Danny Ward's cross also met Derbyshire, though this effort was blocked by Dan Burn. They made it 1-0 with the resulting corner, Kirk Broadfoot meeting the set piece and knocking the ball into the net. Ouch.

We responded in typical Fulham fashion, with a corner from Danny Guthrie meeting Matt Smith, the striker's header being cleared off the line (ouch!) by Jack Hunt, while Dan Burn shot the rebound far and wide. A 15th minute corner from the visitors resulted in a header by Broadfoot which was saved by Marcus Bettinelli. The keeper definitely put his all in this game, as in the 27th minute he came off his line to make a daring save for Derbyshire's effort. The striker teed up the ball for Ward just 8 minutes later, but the Huddersfield signee shot his effort just a couple of yards over the bar. Ward also missed another shot, launching it just wide of the far post. We (finally) forced Emiliano Martinez into action just a minute before halftime, when Matt Smith flicked a long ball on for Ruiz, whose effort was well saved by the keeper. In injury time, a cross from Pringle met Derbyshire, who headed back into the danger zone, while Broadfoot's header attempt was bounced off the woodwork and behind the goal by Bettinelli.

The second half started off with Ross McCormack launching a free kick over the bar and Bettinelli getting a warning for handling outside his box. In the 53rd minute, Ryan Tunniclife game off for Tim Hoogland, while Guthrie was booked for handling Richard Smallwood. 5 minutes later, McCormack almost latched onto a mishit shot from Hoogland, but couldn't make it in time. A cross from James Husband met the head of Smith, but his attempt was caught by Martinez. And then we equalized! Smith headed a long ball down to Scott Parker, who then played in McCormack, the Scotsman sweeping his effort into the back of the net.

We almost lost the lead shortly after when a corner by Pringle skimmed the head of Ward, flying across the face of goal. Meanwhile, at the other end, McCormack almost caught onto a flick by Smith but was fouled by Broadfoot, who was booked for his actions. A long cross by Husband met McCormack, who launched the ball further into the box, where Hoogland's header was launched over the far post, while Burn was booked for a foul on Derbyshire. Michael Turner was given a yellow in the 86th minute for dragging on Derbyshire. Our final attempt of the game was a cross by McCormack that Ruiz headed over the bar as the game ticked into injury time. We still have games left though!

Our next game is against Blackpool on Saturday (the 18th). Try and win!