clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Match Report: Norwich City 4 - Fulham 2

Well that kinda sucks.

Justin Setterfield/Getty Images

The season is over! We weren't relegated! Rejoice! But we did lose 4-2 against Norwich on the last day of the season. Ah.

Our players wore black armbands in memory of the Head of London Recruitment for the club, John O'Brien, who died last weekend. Our first chance of the game came in the second minute when Ross McCormack wedged his way into the box past Sebastien Bassong, though his low shot was saved by John Ruddy. Tim Hoogland limped off the pitch to be replaced by Nikolay Bodurov just ten minutes later.

For Norwich, Bradley Johnson shot just wide in the 17th minute from outside of the box. Jonny Howson's shot from 20 yards out was saved by Bettinelli. Johnson was booked in the 23rd minute for catching Bodurov. The resulting free kick was dangerously curled by McCormack but Sebastien Bassong flicked it out of play before Dan Burn or Hugo Rodallega could connect.

Then it was 1-0. In the 36th minute, Gary Cooper got past Sean Kavanagh before assisting Johnson, who netted his 14th goal of the season with a 10 yard strike strike. Then it was 2-0! Martin Olsson managed to find Nathan Redmond, who curled his effort into the far corner. Rodallega recieved a cross a minute before halftime but his lob shot over the bar. It was almost 3-0 when a clearance from Danny Guthrie landed straight in the path of Johnson, whose 20 yard shot was just inches wide.

In the opening moments of the second half, a Tunniclife-assisted angled shot by Rodallega was deflected by the legs of Ruddy at the near post. Meanwhile, at the other end of the pitch, an effort from Redmond was held by Bettinelli. Johnny Howson decided to launch a long driving shot from far out which only missed by a few yards in the 58th minute. As the clock struck 60 minutes, both teams made changes, Howson came off for Graham Dorrans, and Wes Hoolahan was replaced by Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe, while for us, Matt Smith and Patrick Roberts came on to replace both Rodallega and Kavanagh. A Gary O'Neill free kick was saved by Bettinelli, while a half-cleared corner gave Odjidja-Ofoe an opportunity, his 25 yard shot going over. Olsson was booked in the 75th minute was pulling on Roberts. Ruiz took the free kick, and it ended up with Shaun Hutchinson, whose volley was deflected behind the net.

Bettinelli tried his hardest to keep us in the game, tipping an effort from Gary Hooper around the post, and also parrying away a shot by Odjidja-Ofoe before Redmond found himself in the box, before squaring the ball for Dorrans who made it 3-0. Then we made it 3-1 from the resulting kick-off, a long ball was cleared to Smith, whose volley sailed past Ruddy and got us back in the game. Guthrie was booked for a foul on Dorrans. The free kick was taken before we were ready and Johnson's shot sailed into the far corner. 4-1. We got one back when a McCormack free kick was delivered into the box and Johnson hit it into his own net, making it 4-2.

It's all over. Until next season!