clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Match Report: Fulham 4 - Queens Park Rangers 0

Now... that's a good result!

Alex Broadway/Getty Images

In spectacular fashion, we somehow rallied up the strength to beat Queens Park Rangers 4-0 at Craven Cottage last night. 4-0! Four!

Okay so anyways, the game kicked off extremely well. We applied a literal ton of pressure on the visitors, forced a corner, from which James Husband crossed to Moussa Dembele, the young striker heading across goal and into the net. 1-0 literally two minutes in! The duo made more waves just three minutes later, feeding Ross McCormack, the Scotsman unfortunately whipping his effort into the side netting. QPR didn't do much to reply, but a ball from Matt Phillips led Charlie Austin through on goal, before Ryan Fredericks cleared the danger. Tom Cairney was fouled in the box, however his shouts for a penalty fell on deaf ears, while Massimo Luongo shot wide for the visitors.

A bad string of possession from the Rangers led to Ben Pringle stealing the ball just 20 yards out. He made his way through the defence and his low shot sailed past Rob Green to make it 2-0. Yay! Dembele won possession in the 24th minute, the following counter-attack led to a McCormack effort which didn't pan out so well. However, we kept the pressure on and Husband's cross to Dembele was cleared by Gabriele Angella. From the corner, Cairney was shoved in the box but the ref saw no problem. Okay then... anyways, Austin's first attempt for the visitors came in the 28th minute, being held simply by Andrew Lonergan. And then we made it three. A ball from Cairney fed McCormack and the Scotsman's left foot shot sailed across and into goal. The visitors replied by bringing Jamie Mackie on to replace Tjaronn Chery. In stoppage time of the first half, Dembele could have made it four after intercepting a loose pass, but tripped and led his shot into the arms of Green. McCormack's effort followed, dragging the ball wide from a long distance.

QPR made their second change of the game during the break, replacing Mackie with Leroy Fer. I don't know why you'd bring someone on to take them off again, but, hey, football, right? The visitors almost had a chance after the second half kicked off when James Perch made his way into the area, but Richard Stearman tackled him, denying the effort and also giving us a goal kick. Rangers found their way into the area again in the 52nd minute when a loose ball was headed by Paul Konchesky, but Lonergan managed to grab the former Cottager's effort. We replied when Jamie O'Hara beat his man and sent a low pass across the face of goal, but Perch cleared it before Pringle could make it four. Fredericks gave McCormack an opportunity to make it four, but Green was there to catch it.

Onuoha fouled Dembele just before the 60th minute in the area, while the Rangers brought Daniel Tozser on to replace Austin. We finally made it four in the 63rd, when Tunniclife fed Fredericks the ball behind the visiting defence, the former's cross to Dembele was deflected onto the bar by Angella, before McCormack ran in and scored. O'Hara came off to make way for Lasse Vigen Christensen shortly after. O'Hara came off to a standing ovation which was a nice gesture by the fans. 74 minutes in Tunnniclife decided to make a shot which was palmed away by Green. Dembele came off to be replaced by Woodrow, while Fredericks was replaced by Kay Voser. The game's first booking came in the 80th minute when Perch sliced down Husband. Woodrow's first attempt came in the 84th when he hit wide off of Husband's pass. An attack from Woodrow and McCormack set up Voser for a first time effort, but his outside of the boot effort missed the goal. Our fans actually cheered - cheered! When five minutes of stoppage time was announced. Pringle took the final shot of the came which deflected out for a corner, the whistle blew for full time shortly after to take us into 11th place. A very good game indeed.